Steven Portigiani is a partner with an appreciation for Architecture that is built into his DNA. His understanding of Architecture has been a family trait for the past 1000 years. He graduated from Arizona State University with a Bachelor degree in Architecture and Urban Planning.
Before joining Deasy Penner & Partners Steven worked as an Associate Environment Planner with the world-renowned firms of Drake and Associates in Phoenix and The Planning Center in Newport Beach. Where he assisted in the design and implementation of award winning projects recognized by the Pacific Coast Builders Conference such as The Boulders Resort, Rio Montana estates, Pinnacle Peak North State Lands Project to name a few.
Rio Montana Development Plan – Project Manager
• Prepared 150-acre master plan community for Continental Homes Inc.
• Responsible for overall project design and budget management
• Prepared master plan graphics and materials for zoning submittals
• Responsible for extensive field investigations for all environmental determinants to assess zoning categories for the project.
• Worked closely with City of Scottsdale and Maricopa County Officials, geological consultants, hydrologic engineers, with the Arizona Highway Department to develop the constraints of the property.
• Created overall development standards based on City of Scottsdale codes.
The Boulder Environmental Design Concept Plan- Assistant Project Coordinator
• Was responsible for all presentation graphics and played an intricate part in overall design concept for the development.
• Worked closely with golf course designers in creating two world famous courses
• 2,000 Acre site
Pinnacle Peak North State Lands- Graphic Coordinator
• 5,000 acre master plan development
• Provided graphic support for the development of detailed drawings and site plan renderings
• Prepared generalized slope analysis to verify slope percentages used in the determination of open space requirements
• Provided graphics for the preparation of environmental maps used on the submittal documents for the City of Scottsdale
Steven felt the need to experience the true meaning of “Home”. He than continue his learning of Architecture by becoming a Freelance Designer and Builder of custom homes in Arizona and along the Famed Sunset Strip of Southern California. His hands on training give him an edge for recognizing the quality his clients look for in the perfect home.
The Garrity Residence. West Hollywood – 5,400 sq ft hillside home
The Newman Residence. Carefree – 4,200 sq ft hillside home
Personal Residence. Scottsdale – 3,100 sq ft home
The Shultz Residence. West Adams – 1,500 sq ft home, Craftsman Restoration
Personal Residence. West Adams – 4,200 sq ft home, Victorian Restoration
The Seinfeld Residence. Beverly Hills – 6,000 sq ft hillside home, Published in Custom Homes Magazine (Sept/Oct 1993)
After perfecting how a home is zoned, planned and constructed. He realized that the home is not complete unless it has an exquisite interior design. His new quest for design brought him to Merv Griffin Productions. This allows him the experience to help his clients see there vision when in the process of looking at homes.
Director of Design / Founding Partner
• Designed and directed the visual imagery of over 600 high profile events such as premieres, fashion shows, Corporate and political functions throughout the United States, England, Russia, Sweden, Finland, Turkey and Greece.
• Responsible for design and construction management of all site layouts and sets from conception to completion. Accountable for site analysis, blue printing and design, production management, client interaction and event implementation on each project.
• Facilitated outside vendor negotiations and vendor management.
• Served as main liaison between Fabrication Company, set designers and city officials to ensure all building and safety, fire and general city codes were being met.
• Developed operations and technical standards that serve a current blueprint for the company structure.
Partial client list includes: Paul Allen/Vulcan, Inc. , Barry Diller, Ron Burkle, Governor Gray Davis, The Recording Academy, The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, Paramount Pictures, SONY Pictures, HBO, Gucci, Hermes, Gianfranco Ferre, Todd Oldham, Dolce and Gabbana. Los Angeles Kings, Los Angeles Lakers, Merrill Lynch, Charles Schwab. Lexus and Acura.
Steven’s transition into real estate was a natural fit. He assists his clients in all aspects of buying a home and prides himself on making that process informative and easy to understand.