July 29, 2021, 4:01 pm
Completed in 1925, Frank Lloyd Wright’s Freeman House is widely considered of his most important designs. It’s situated in the Hollywood Hills with sweeping views of the Los Angeles and the LA Basin and is constructed from 12,000 textured concrete blocks. The textile design is exposed on both the exterior and the interior and is one of just four projects by Wright to feature the ornate blocks. Commissioned by Samuel and Harriet Freeman, the house served as a salon space for entertaining and includes a hearth, semi-open kitchen, two bedrooms, and multiple outdoor terraces and roof decks. In 1986, the couple donated the property to the University of Southern California. It’s being sold with many of the original furnishings, but new owners will need to prepare for an extensive restoration.
To read the full article visit their website here.